In day 1 of the intentional living challenge, we focused our attention on the importance of spending time in God’s Word and seeking Him.
Today we are going to look at How To Intentionally Maintain Your Priorities With Prayer.
Consistency in your prayer life is just as important and vital as your Bible reading.
Why is being consistent in prayer so important for us as busy moms and wives? Because God can do what we cannot do!
We can work hard to love our husbands as we should, and teach and train our children in the ways of God, but unless the LORD builds our house (family), we labor in vain. (Psalm 127:1)
When we regularly and consistently come before the Lord on behalf of our family, we are acknowledging our dependence on Him to work in their lives. We have the power of prayer available to us, but sometimes we don’t take advantage of it.
As a result, we struggle and make things harder on ourselves, trying to do what only God can do.
So why should we maintain our priorities through prayer?
1. The battle for our kids and our marriage is fought by intentionally battling in prayer.
When we don’t pray for our family, it is as though we are sitting on the sidelines watching them in a war zone getting shot at from every angle.
However, when we DO pray using God’s Word as our weapon, it’s like we are in the battle right beside them, appropriating God’s power on their behalf.
When we pray for our husband or children, we need to do it as though we are interceding for their life, because that is what we are doing as we are fighting the enemy.
We have to remember that we are in a spiritual battle, which we can not win on our own.
Satan would like nothing more than to destroy our families.
2. When we regularly pray for our family, we are acknowledging our dependence on Him to work in their lives.
As a result of intentionally maintaining a priority of prayer and dependence on God:
- He will work in their hearts and lives.
- We will develop an even GREATER dependence on Him.
- Their spiritual growth will become more important in our daily priorities.
3. The power of God will penetrate their lives as we pray.
To make our prayers more powerful and effective, we need to use God’s Word as our weapon.
When we declare His Word as we pray, we have a powerful weapon no enemy can prevail against. (Hebrews 4:12)
Today’s challenge is to maintain your priorities with prayer:
1. Take time to think and pray about the individual, specific, needs of each of your children, as well as your spouse.
Create a prayer journal with a page for your spouse & each child. List their needs, as well as concerns you have about
them that you want to remember to pray about.
2. Find Scriptures to pray for your spouse and children.
Create a section in your prayer journal to write the verses that you want to use.
3. Pick a specific time to pray daily.
Make an appointment with God, and KEEP it.
So what about you Mom?
Are you tired of living in overwhelm and feeling like you are always two steps behind?
Do you have a nagging feeling you’re not making the best use of your time…. but you don’t know where to start?
I understand. I’ve been there! But Mom, stepping out of overwhelm is possible. The secret is intentional living!
To start living more intentionally today, I encourage you to join me for my Intentional Living Course.
The videos and workbooks will give you an in-depth look at how to develop clear God-focused goals for your life.
It will help you layout the steps you need to be intentional in key areas such as:
– Your relationship with God
– Better relationships in your family
– Managing your home efficiently
– Making the best use of your time
-Maintaining your priorities through intentional prayer
It IS possible to live life with more purpose and meaning, as well as more peace and success tomorrow!
Start now with a special discount of 20% off using code HMC20
GET THE DETAILS HERE!
Don’t miss the other days in the 6 Day Intentional Living Challenge!
- How To Remain Intentional With God And His Word
- Intentional Living: How To Honor God With Your Health
- How To Live Intentionally And Build Relationships In The Home
- How To Manage Your Household Intentionally
- Intentional Time Management For Busy Mom Life
- How To Intentionally Maintain Your Priorities With Prayer