One of the most important things we can do as a parent is to make sure that our children hear words of affirmation every day. Our words are SO powerful. They can tear our children down or build them up.
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue.”
I want to be sure that my words speak life to my kids.
This is such an important part of being purposeful in our parenting. We need to purposefully speak words of affirmation that build up our children. Words of affirmation for kids not only encourage them today, but they will also carry them into adulthood. Pouring these positive reminders into their hearts now will have a profound impact on who they become as adults.
Here are 30 words of affirmation every child needs to hear:
Examples Of Words Of Affirmation
- If I could choose out of all the kids in the world, I would choose YOU.
- I am so glad God put you in our family.
- I love your sense of humor.
- Being your mom is my favorite job.
- I love you, and Jesus loves you.
- Nothing can ever make me stop loving you.
- I am so proud of you.
- You are such a diligent worker.
- That was a very wise choice.
- I believe in you.
- You make me laugh.
- Your siblings are so blessed to have you.
- I’m listening.
- I love you to the moon and back.
- That was really kind of you to do that.
- The day you were born was one of the best days of my life.
- You make me smile.
- You have such great ideas!
- There is no one like you.
- Spending time with you is one of my favorite things to do.
- I love to see how you are growing up.
- Out of all the kids in the world, I got the best!
- You are so special.
- I think you are awesome!
- I love being your mom!
- I love seeing you smile.
- I appreciate you so much.
- Being around you is so fun.
- I love hearing you laugh.
- You fill my heart with joy.
30 Words Of Affirmation For Every Child
Words of affirmation are so important to hear. Whether you are speaking them into your children, your daughter, a grown son or even your spouse, reminding those you love of their value is priceless. Remember that even though you think these things, you might not say them out loud enough. So be intentional about lifting up your child with loving reminders of the wonderful person God created them to be.
GRAB OUR FREE PRINTABLE!