How do you overcome fear biblically?
Fear and anxiety can torment our minds. It is so easy to feel scared about situations that we have no control over. It’s hard to let go of situations where the end is unknown. As a mom, this is something that I struggle with quite often. How easy it is to worry about the safety of our kids (and by kids, I mean my adult children too). It could be anything from the decisions they are making and the difficulties they are facing, to the financial struggles they are dealing with and much more!
I remember a time where I had good reason to fear. My son and his wife, and their two precious little ones, are in the Philippines, where they serve as missionaries. They were right near the area of a typhoon that killed an estimated 10,000 people. It hit a little bit north of them, and they ended up just getting some of the rain and wind from it. However, we didn’t know what would happen, as the typhoon was heading their way!
When I heard about this, I had to choose how I was going to handle my fear and anxiety. I had to learn how to resist fear.
4 Biblical Ways To Overcome Fear And Anxiety
1. Choose to trust God, rather than dwell on the fear and worry.
2. Ask, what does the Bible say about fear and anxiety?
What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. Psalms 56:3
3. Pray against anxiety and fear!
4. Give thanks as a way to handle the fear.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Philippians. 4:6
What fears are you facing today? Let’s give them to God, and choose trust!
- A daily email for 7 days with a scripture reference, and a prayer to help you claim Bible promises to overcome fear and claim God’s peace.
- A link to a song or hymn that will encourage your heart.
- Downloadable PDF Prayer Journal “Trade Fear for Peace” which includes scripture for each day, space to write your prayers and room to journal.
Don’t let fear and anxiety overtake you. Join us for the 7 Day Prayer Challenge today!